1. The Racing Secretary shall be responsible for the proper grading of greyhounds under provisions of this section. The Racing Secretary after sufficiently schooling all greyhounds, and considering their past performances, shall classify and assign them to their proper grades.
2. There will be six grades of grades indicated by A, B, C, D, E, and M (Maiden).
3. Any greyhound racing in Grade E for four (4) consecutive starts that fails to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in those 4 starts, may be dropped from further racing, at the discretion of the Racing Secretary.
4. The winner of a maiden race shall be advanced no higher than Grade E.
5. The Racing Secretary may re-classify a greyhound at any time within its first three starts, but no more than one grade higher or lower.
6. Greyhounds falling in a race shall be considered a starter in that race.
7. Greyhounds not racing on account of illness or injury for thirty (30) or more days may be re-classified.
8. Greyhounds transferring from one track to another during the racing season may be regarded by the Racing Secretary in accordance with the provisions of this section.
9. The winner of any race is advanced one grade until reaching Grade A.
10. If a greyhound fails to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, in three consecutive starts (except in Grade D) or fails to earn more than one 3rd in four consecutive starts in the same grade; that greyhound shall be lowered one grade. In Grade D, a greyhound may fail to finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in four consecutive starts before being lowered.
11. The Racing Secretary shall determine the proper grading for the various races.
12. Greyhounds of different grades or of the same grade may be used in races of 3/8 mile or longer. These races may be made up by the Racing Secretary and shall be designated by the letter "T", or the respective grade. A start in a "T" race will not necessarily count in the usual manner in lowering or advancing a grade. The decision shall be at the discretion of the Racing Secretary, however, the established policy shall be maintained throughout the meeting.
13. The program shall indicate the "grade" of each race on the page listing the entries for that race. The grades of the races in which each entry participated shall be indicated in front of the names of the winners of those races in the past performance lines. Where "T" race are indicated, the regular grade of the greyhound shall be in parentheses.
14. All stake and sweepstakes races shall be indicated by the letter "S".
15. A greyhound finishing 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in Maiden events may at the request of the owner or trainer to the Racing Secretary be moved into grade "E" races and then must abide by all provisions of the grading system. Maidens shall be designed by the letter "M" on the program after the name of the greyhound.
Hinsdale Greyhound Park - 688
Brattleboro Road - P O Box 27 - Hinsdale NH 03451-0027
Last Updated 04/26/2000 10:38 PM
Web site services by C & F Associates, Spofford NH 03462-0400 603-363-4794